Al Bustan Palace
Our opinion: This resort has just undergone a $100m refurbishment and has just re-opened to great acclaim.
Backed by mountains on 200 acres of tranquil beachfront, the Al Bustan Palace is an oasis of opulence where you enter a world of graceful Islamic arches and traditional Omani hospitality.
The 250 guest rooms and suites reflect an oriental elegance, each one with its own private balcony, and many offer spectacular views over the Gulf of Oman.
All number of exciting restaurants await you, from the classic Al Marjan to the Al Khiran Garden Terrace or the romantic Beach Pavilion.
Guests can relax under a palm tree or play tennis, windsurf, sail, go game fishing or scuba dive. A visit to villages and markets brings you closer to the local Omani way-of-life; or you can adventure through mountains, deserts and wadis all within a day’s travel before returning to the splendour of the Al Bustan Palace.
Why stay here?
- 4 hard courts – all re-surfaced in 2008, plus 1 half court. Free to use for hotel guests.
- Tennis Pro Shop
- Peter Burwash Tennis Centre, with 1 resident coach (available September to May each year)
- Swimming Pool, Kid’s Pool
- Private Beach and Boating Activities
- Health Club
- Windsurfing, snorkelling, scuba diving
- Marina, sailing, boating and water skiing
- Extensive conference and meeting rooms