Los Jameos Playa
Our opinion: With the feel of an island village, Los Jameos Playa is perfect for a tennis holiday during the winter months when the weather at the resorts in Spain and Portugal cannot always be guaranteed.
Rated as ‘Number 1’ out of 13 hotels in the area by the ever popular Tripadvisor website, the hotel has 530 rooms, spread over 4 floors and is just 15 minutes from the airport. Each attractively appointed bedroom has a balcony or patio overlooking the pool or gardens or towards the Atlantic.
In the centre of the property are two large lagoon swimming pools, surrounded by plenty of open space for relaxation. The hotel is separated from the sandy local beach by a local road and is just a little over 3 kms from the resort of Puerto del Carmen.
Sumptuous buffets on the terrace, the ‘La Tapa’ `a la carte restaurant, the snack bar, or the piano bar and disco provide a good range of dining choices, appealing to most tastes. The excellent value half board option offered by the hotel includes buffet dining.
Why stay here?
- Table tennis and mini-golf
- Some evening entertainment
- Kid’s Club
- Located on Playa del Carmen Beach
- 2 swimming pools and expansive sunbathing areas
- Games room
- Gym, sauna and steam room
- Beauty treatments and hairdressing salon
The Peter Burwash Tennis Centre at Los Jameos Playa
- The Peter Burwash Tennis Centre
- 4 artificial grass tennis courts – 2 floodlit
- Tennis Pro-Shop with 24 hour racquet stringing service
- Tennis camp weeks – please call 01962 713330 for details
- Social and competitive tournaments
- Private lessons
- Junior tennis programmes
- Player matching
- Radar speed gun serving test
Adult courses – 5 day and 3 day courses – 1.5 hours a day plus entry in to 2 tournaments (3 day course) and 3 tournaments (5 day course) and free court use for 3 hours (3 day course) and 5 hours (5 day course)
Junior courses – 3 day course – 1 hour a day and free court use for 3 hours
Private lessons – 1 hour lesson
Tournaments – Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
Court hire – available by the hour